Friday, August 13, 2010

YOG torch relay.

The day before, was the day I was so excited and awaited so long for. Though it did not meet my expectations and made me disappointed, I was glad enough to overcome my disappointment. I was glad because it was once in a blue moon to see a torch relay of an event which happens every 4 years, and it was the first Youth Olympic Games, specially held in our country, Singapore.

We waited especially long, about 1 hour, of an unknown reason. The teachers always gave false alarms that they are coming and we have to stand up, but after a while of doing the same things over again, the students were restless and sat down, unable to believe the teachers again. Finally, we were told to stand by the roadside outside our gate, to welcome the runners. I was already perspiring madly, but I stood up and went there, to have a glimpse. It finally came but it did not dawn on me that it would happen so quickly. The runner holding the torch came by, and I suppose the people behind him are athletes. Some of them are from Nanyang Primary. Just like that, the YOG torch passed by me. This was what made me disappointed.

1 hour for 1 glimpse of YOG torch, was it worthwhile? What are your feelings?

No comments:

Post a Comment